How to export novel SNP's

Mat

May 17, 2011, 8:59:00 AM5/17/11
to savant-c...@googlegroups.com
Once I get my Next Gen data into Savant is there a way to automatically parse the data and export all the SNP's that are novel (i.e do not appear in HapMap/1000genome data).

Also can I filter to show only SNP's that are present in a certain % of reads to eliminate false SNP calls.

Thanks

Mat

Marc Fiume

May 18, 2011, 8:55:06 AM5/18/11
to mathew.ni...@gmail.com, savant-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mat,

Also can I filter to show only SNP's that are present in a certain % of reads to eliminate false SNP calls.

Our SNP Finder plugin has a confidence threshold that you can adjust which allows you to filter out many false SNP calls.

Once I get my Next Gen data into Savant is there a way to automatically parse the data and export all the SNP's that are novel (i.e do not appear in HapMap/1000genome data).

You can use the SNP Finder to export a BED file (through the Bookmarks module) of all found SNPs. There is no built in functionality to annotate only novel SNPs, although this logic could easily be added as a separate plugin.

Hope that helps,
Marc

Mat

May 18, 2011, 12:08:13 PM5/18/11
to savant-c...@googlegroups.com, mathew.ni...@gmail.com
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply, I've tried installing the SNP Finder 2 plugin, but when I restart Savant I get the following error
"Unable to load plugin at /home/home/sp/.savant/plugins/savant.snp-2.1.0.jar
Please check if it is compatible with this version of Savant.
Uninstall it?"

I'm using Ubuntu if that helps.

Any ideas?

Mat

Alessandro Guffanti

May 18, 2011, 12:20:30 PM5/18/11
to mathew.ni...@gmail.com, savant-c...@googlegroups.com
I got the same error on WindowsXP Professional 64 bit and it seems impossible
to solve...

Thanks,

Alessandro

Marc Fiume

May 18, 2011, 12:23:10 PM5/18/11
to ale.gu...@gmail.com, mathew.ni...@gmail.com, savant-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mat and Alessandro,

Thanks for reporting your issue. We've identified the problem and are working on the solution. I'll notify you when we have it fixed.

Take care,
Marc