Unable to connect to the search Engine via the Windows Client

Jacqueline Atkins

Jul 1, 2014, 5:29:19 PM7/1/14
to savant-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone;

I have installed medsavant-server on a CentOS 6 box, along with inforbright.  I used the rpm's, which I downloaded from the site.  I was able to get everything running (but I have to start medsavant-server as root, if I attempt to start as the 'medsavant' user, I get an error.)  The problem is, I am unable to connect from the client (on my windows laptop), to create the databse.  I hav verfied all posrt connectivity viz 'nc' but, I just keep getting a connection refused error.

Connection timed out

I am not getting any errors in any logs that are helpful.
I am completely out of ideas here.  If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very appreciative!

Thanks
Jackie

Marc Fiume

Jul 2, 2014, 10:37:03 AM7/2/14
to savant-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the message. I have three recommendations based on your description:
- double check that you have the correct hostname in the -D parameter when starting the server (discussed here: http://genomesavant.com/p/medsavant/taketutorial.shtml?tutorial=serverinstall&part=startingserver)
- double check that both ports (36800 and 36801) are open
- before you can start using MedSavant, you need to "create a database" (covered here: http://genomesavant.com/p/medsavant/taketutorial.shtml?tutorial=administration&part=creatingadatabase)

Let me know if any of these are useful. I'm happy to help further.

Marc