manuals link broken/report an issue as well perhaps?

starheight

Sep 27, 2011, 12:16:18 PM9/27/11
to savant-c...@googlegroups.com
In version 1.6 (mac) the link to the manuals under "Help" takes me here: http://www.genomesavant.com/documentation.html which returns a 404 error. I tried reporting this bug via the "Report an issue" also under the Help menu, but after filling the fiels in the dialog and submitting/sending, the dialog just hangs there and it is not clear if the issue has been sent or not.

Marc Fiume

Sep 27, 2011, 12:28:22 PM9/27/11
to Savant Community
Hi Brian,

Thanks for reporting! We are aware of these issues, and they will be
corrected in our next release.

As you might have noticed, we have completely redesigned our website
in order to deliver our the software and documentation (coming soon)
in a more organized manner.

Regards,
Marc

On Sep 27, 12:16 pm, starheight <brian.r.tur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In version 1.6 (mac) the link to the manuals under "Help" takes me
> here:http://www.genomesavant.com/documentation.htmlwhich returns a 404

Eric J. M. Smith

Sep 27, 2011, 1:07:15 PM9/27/11
to brian.r...@gmail.com, savant-c...@googlegroups.com
On 27 September 2011 12:16, starheight <brian.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried reporting this bug via the "Report an issue" also under the
> Help menu, but after filling the fiels in the dialog and submitting/sending,
> the dialog just hangs there and it is not clear if the issue has been sent
> or not.

Hmmm. Is it possible that there's a firewall issue? The "Report an
Issue" dialog contacts gmail.com on port 465 to send us the email. Is
it possible that that port is closed for you?

Thanks,

Eric Smith
Tarkvara Design Inc.

starheight

Sep 27, 2011, 1:31:18 PM9/27/11
to savant-c...@googlegroups.com, brian.r...@gmail.com, er...@tarkvara.org
The bug reporter works on the version of the trunk that I have checked out. I have not seen a tagged release for 1.6 in svn, so I cannot say what the difference is between the release and the trunk. Regardless, a new release doesn't need to be generated for the documentation link, just a redirect on the web server.

Marc Fiume

Sep 27, 2011, 1:33:02 PM9/27/11
to brian.r...@gmail.com, savant-c...@googlegroups.com, er...@tarkvara.org
Thanks for the message Brian. Redirection has been activated.

Marc