Fact Sheet : Education Killed 956 Entrepreneurs

Saurabh Katiyar

Jun 1, 2011, 6:13:22 AM6/1/11
to My Group

Beneath is one blog of candid talk and worth subscribing. I am fortunate to have work experience to do an MBA. Yet became  victim also  in 1980 to do it. But lucky to escape after third semester. Came back to complete the ritual of final semester . Did not wait for the result and picked up my first appointment letter  after 2 days after the exams. Others were busy with Farewell party..Made  dares after dares. Worked overseas in Construction domain without being an Engineer  . Just the beneath blog one reinforced. I met a up a smart Start up Engineering Expert in Seattle .. Stupid of me to ask that where did he do the MBA from ?  God bless that soul for his sanity is still in place that working for Microsoft and managing the Startup too without an MBA .   That bring me to Rashmi Bansal writing about 20 people who without MBA are doing very well . Just spend 105/- for home delivery of the book  Connect the Dots . Pick just 2 story of Hanmant Gaikwad on Page 90 and Kalyan Varma on Page 292.

It will put your water on fire and never be the victim of CV pushing syndrome.

When you have technical inclination and want to be as crazy as Hanmant , then revert for me to give some pointers.  But first read and then only will you understand that how correct is Andy Grove : Only Paranoids will Survive

With best wishes always,

Saurabh Katiyar

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."   ~ Karol Darwin

Education Killed 956 Entrepreneurs

With all those MBA degrees and business schools, this really does sound ironic, doesn’t it?

The dynamic spirit of enterprising crushes the static pillars education tried to build. Education is all about ‘let me teach you the way’ and enterprising says, “Thank you very much but there is nothing as satisfying as finding my way.”

So a degree in enterprising will really be one of the greatest ironies.

99 or None?

Here is a question for you educated ones:

‘There were 100 sheep in a farm, one found a way to escape. How many were left?’

Educated One: 99

Enterprising One: none – if one finds a way, why’d others stay behind.

The static maths of education cannot calculate the dynamics of life without accounting for the mindset (read: intent).

What Experts Think

The other day I was talking to Mohit, he runs L-Pad, once he had an institute for enterprising and MBA. He told me that it took him two years to realize that enterprising and MBA are completely opposite things. MBA teaches you systems and how to follow them, while enterprising breaks the system and creates new.

“MBA is training house for big corporate” – Mohit Bansal

On a similar note, during my interview with Nick Tart, co-author of50 Interviews: Young Entrepreneurs and blogger at JuniorBiz, we talked about how 99% of people in his university studying business are going to get a job.

Irony? No! All these courses and degrees are rat races, something no entrepreneur believes in.

‘I was born intelligent but education ruined me’ this T-Shirt slogan is always coming true, I see a lot of kids (my age) wasting their talents in name of school. World can’t afford to lose those brilliant minds. Here is a TED Talk that says more:

We don’t need no education. – Pink Floyd

I think education should be used just as a skill. It should be process of honing your skills and not a series of stuff you go through. As Sir Robinson says – it needs to be organic.

What is your take on this? Do you think Education is really doing what it started out to do? Is it really education or just a training system?