I'm giving a talk today...

William Beaty

Sep 19, 2010, 3:07:22 PM9/19/10
to saturdayhouse

Hey Saturdayhouse, is everyone aware that Jigsaw's "Thriftcamp" conference
is right now (Sun)? $10, it runs until 6PM today. I'll be doing "Secrets
to repairing all kinds of electronics." Other talks below.

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, William Beaty wrote:
> ThriftCamp is a one-day unconference discussing how to live well
> while living cheap. Discussions may include how to repair your
> clothes, how to budget your money, how to make your own soap, how
> to cook great meals on a thin budget, how to fix your electronics,
> or how to brew your own beer. Because ThriftCamp is an unconference,
> its content will be determined by its participants.
>
> Location: Jigsaw Renaissance, 1026 Madison St. Seattle, WA 98104
> Time: Sunday Sept. 19, 10AM - 6PM
> Info: http://thriftcamp.org in...@thriftcamp.org
>

> ThriftCamp has a suggested donation of ten dollars. No one will be
> turned away for lack of funds.
>
> Have you recently repaired clothes, built a budget, made soap, cooked a cheap
> and delicious meal, fixed broken electronics, brewed beer? You would be a
> great presenter! If you would like to present, you just need to show up on
> the day of ThriftCamp with an idea of what you'd like to talk about. A
> projector will be available if you'd like to show a presentation, and
> bringing hands-on materials for demonstrations is encouraged.
>
> So far, planned speakers include:
>
> * 11AM Webster Walker fm/Central Co-op <http://www.madisonmarket.com>
> talking about co-operatives as community-based businesses
>
> * Tracy Elliot talking about plant propagation
>
> * Larry James talking about living on the water inexpensively
>
> * Charmine Slaven from the Seattle Urban Farm Co-op
> <http://www.seattlefarmcoop.com/> talking about Urban Farming
>

> --
> William J. Beaty Research Engineer
> beaty a chem washington edu UW Chem Dept, Bagley Hall RM74
> billb a eskimo com Box 351700, Seattle, WA 98195-1700
> ph206-543-6195 http://staff.washington.edu/wbeaty/

billb at amasci com http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA 206-762-3818 unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci