[saturdayhouse] iPhone jailbreak?

SeanInSeattle

Apr 26, 2010, 11:31:37 AM4/26/10
to Saturday House
Hey all. I just puchased my first iPod touch over this last weekend.
See here for the full story as described by my lovely wife:
http://freefromnetworks.blogspot.com/ Anyways, Ive found that
multitasking on the iPod touch 3rd gen (8gb) is not enabled by
default, but it is possible when configured properly (and jailbroken,
of course). I've been reading up on how to perform the jail break and
it seems to me that the smart thing might be to enlist help from you
folks so that I don't brick my iPod touch and throw away the $220.00
that I spent on it. Oh and by the way, I do have the newer iPod touch
that has the model number that starts with MC, and Ive been told that
that will make jailbreaking it a little more dificult.

Any help is appreciated. - Sean

--
Website: http://saturdayhouse.org/
Post: saturd...@googlegroups.com

Brian Rice

Apr 26, 2010, 3:32:19 PM4/26/10
to saturd...@googlegroups.com
Just follow the iphone-dev team's instructions, and particularly just download their wizard-style apps and go through the process.

It is practically extremely unlikely to "brick" an iPod Touch since there are no carrier restrictions and no baseband firmware, so just proceed with the steps after making your data backup in iTunes, and the worst that happens is that you just reboot it in restore mode and have it restore from backup.

Jailbreak should not scare anyone, just deserves some well-informed caution. And the UI for these tools is pretty friendly.
--
-Brian T. Rice