Latest News

nka...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2012, 2:43:01 AM6/1/12
to saturd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There have been a number of big and exciting changes in my life that I wanted to share with you. In mid-April, Marissa and I celebrated the birth of our second son. With Blue Box on a solid growth trajectory, I have decided to leave after 2 ½ years as the Chief Operating Officer. I’ve been working on opening a craft distillery for the past year, and we hope to open 2bar Spirits in July. Lots going on!

We were very excited to welcome Halleck Michael Kaiser into our lives on April 14th. He has been an absolute joy, and we couldn’t be more excited to have two boys under the age of two. It’s busy around the Kaiser home these days. If you are so inclined, you can find photos at http://wc4.net/t?ctl=4262A95:FEC4E3B3A8EDC9918E540218C94A243F529751ABF7FEF0FB& Visit at your own risk as incredible cuteness will ensue.

I joined Blue Box at a time of pivotal change, and I’m proud to say that I helped shape it into the great and prospering company that it is today. With the company now on much more solid footing than when I started I’m now looking for new opportunities, so drop me a line if you know of anything.

Additionally, I’m close to launching a fun and exciting side project that I’ve been working on for quite some time. Marissa and I are in the process of opening 2bar Spirits, a craft distillery in the SODO neighborhood of Seattle. In the next couple of months, we’ll begin producing craft vodka, gin, whiskey, and bourbon. The 2bar name has a long history in South Texas where five generations of my family have ranched our land under the 2bar brand. For more than a century, the brand has stood for quality, independence and hard work. Now I’m applying those characteristics to 2bar fine crafted spirits. My parents are quite proud in that I’m finally putting my degree in microbiology to work!

Please be sure to like the 2bar page on Facebook: http://wc4.net/t?ctl=4262A96:FEC4E3B3A8EDC9918E540218C94A243F529751ABF7FEF0FB&

This has been a fun hobby, and I hope you’ll come visit us when we open our doors. That being said, I’m looking for my next opportunity to make a difference in a meaningful way.

So, starting in a couple of weeks I’ll have lots of time to get together, grab coffee, or share a meal. I’d love to connect with as many folks as possible, so let me know when you’re free!

My best,

Nathan Kaiser
m 206.801.1113
@nkaiser