Will there be Saturday House on Saturday, 2/27/2010?

SeanInSeattle

Feb 26, 2010, 2:10:45 AM2/26/10
to Saturday House
Will there be Saturday House on Saturday, 2/27/2010?

Yes/NO?

If so, then where will it be?

Lion Kimbro

Feb 26, 2010, 3:40:09 PM2/26/10
to saturd...@googlegroups.com

  As it is, "No," there won't be Saturday House on Saturday.

  That said:  I am at your service.

  To tell the truth, I am a little confused about what to do for Saturday House.
  If anybody wants me to open up Saturday House, then I want to open up Saturday House.

  I've put some announcements before, and a few people have come, but mostly it has been "the usual suspects," -- about 2 or 3 people.

  If people are okay with that, then I can announce Saturday House every week, and open and close every week.
  If people want to convene every 2 weeks, (as Willow of Jigsaw has suggested,) or once a month, then I can do that too.

  I am at your service:  Whatever y'all want!

  What would you like?
  How can I help you?

Lion Kimbro

Feb 26, 2010, 4:18:33 PM2/26/10
to saturd...@googlegroups.com, Willow Bloo

  Ah -- that said,

  Willow informs me that Jigsaw is open tomorrow;
  Open house:  2 PM - 5:30 PM.

  So if you'd like to see people tomorrow, 2 PM - 5:30 PM, Jigsaw is open.  {:D}=

  http://www.jigsawrenaissance.org/
  http://www.jigsawrenaissance.org/about/location/
  http://artillery.local-box.org/

  There is sure to be someone there;  I suspect there will be 3-10 people there, as things are presently.

Ali Rizvi

Feb 26, 2010, 3:58:37 PM2/26/10
to saturd...@googlegroups.com
I think once a month (say first Saturday of the month)  would be a good (re)starting point. If more people come and there is more demand you can always increase the frequency. I think a predictable schedule helps new people who want to just to check it out and old people to know that they have at least one opportunity a month to come back.

Disclaimer: I am new to Saturday House and I have never attended one but looking forward to attending one.

Regards,
Ali

Lion Kimbro

Feb 26, 2010, 7:09:03 PM2/26/10
to saturd...@googlegroups.com, Willow Bloo

  1st Saturday of the Month sounds great to me!

  This Saturday, I'm not sure if I'm going to be here, or at Crystal [mountain.]
  Regardless, there will be people at Jigsaw from 2PM - 5:30PM.
  (So please come on down.)

  So let's say next Saturday, March 6th, 2010, -- will be the first Saturday House in a long while.
  Timing is not clear to me yet, but let's initially think:  11 AM -- 6 PM, possibly extending later to 8 or 9 PM.

  I'll bring Talisman & Pandemic (board games,) so that we have something we can do that is fun and breaks ice.
  I want to know about who you are, what your interests are, what you care about, and what you are here to do, (if you know!)

  Also, if anyone is interested, I'll soon be giving my new updated Notebooks class at Jigsaw;
  Please speak up if you're interested, and perhaps I'll overlap it w/ Saturday House.

  Does this sound good?

  If there is something you think I can do or should do, let me know, and I'll do it.
  You can contact me by posting to this list, or my emailing me (LionK...@gmail.com,) or by calling me (206.427.2545,) or texting me (same number.)

  Love hearing from y'all,
    Lion Kimbro  {:)}=

Sean Ochoa

Feb 26, 2010, 5:24:25 PM2/26/10
to saturd...@googlegroups.com
@LionKimbro, et al:  I'm excited to see about joining you folks once again.  Thanks for confirming that Jigsaw will be available tomorrow.  What do you think about the frequency?  That might be a subject for discussion tomorrow afternoon at SH.

Thanks all.

SeanInSeattle

Feb 27, 2010, 12:16:38 PM2/27/10
to Saturday House
That sounds great, Lion. Thanks for being so prompt in your
communications, I know that we all appreciate it. - Sean

Lion Kimbro

Feb 27, 2010, 3:58:40 PM2/27/10
to saturd...@googlegroups.com

  I'm so glad!

  Re: frequency --
  Basically, whenever people want to convene, I want to open the space.

  If people want to focus on one gathering a month, I want to open once a month.
  If there are people who want to see Saturday House every two weeks, then I want to open every two weeks.  (And so on.)