Azhagiya Manavalam Sundararaja Perumal Temple

K.N.RAMESH

Jul 8, 2016, 12:55:28 AM7/8/16

Thanks to Sridharan Srinivasan for Narration & Photographs

(You are enabling countless elders to view this temple from home)

Azhagiya Manavalam Sundararaja Perumal Temple

This small obscure temple in Azhagiya Manavalam near Manasanallur (about 12 km from Trichy) is almost unknown. The small temple houses a gigantic deity Sundararaja Perumal  (means: Most handsome Lord), is truly beautiful.

This temple is not to be confused with Azhagiya Manavala Perumal Temple (also called Thirukozhi or Nachiyar Koil) in Woraiyur, a suburbTiruchirappalli in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu,

Good amount of information is available in the following links about this temple. No point in my repeating them. Instead, I will take you thought a virtual tour..!

http://prtraveller.blogspot.in/2009/09/sundara-raja-perumal-koil-in-azhagiya.html
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-fridayreview/quick-facts/article841396.ece

We waded though some dense plantain grove to reach this beautiful temple set amidst paddy fields and plantain groves.

We were the only tourists for that day, I guess.. The priest gave us liberally the Prasadham (Curd rice).. Perumal temple curd-rice is always deciduous..We almost finished our lunch with it..!