Rain & shifting - HH Chandrasekara Bharati mahaswamigal

K.N.RAMESH

Jun 28, 2024, 8:52:05 PMJun 28
𝐀 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐝𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐉𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐦𝐮𝐤𝐭𝐚 𝐉𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐝𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐮 𝐒𝐫𝐢 𝐒𝐫𝐢 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐤𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐁𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢 𝐌𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐣𝐢.
Once Sri Krishnaswami lyer had come to Sringeri and had taken a place for stay near the Mahaswami's residence on the sourthern side of the Tunga river. One evening he noticed that the staff of the Math were busy transporting the pooja materials and personal effects of the Mahaswami to Narasimha Vana situated on the northern side. When asked, the Mahaswami said, "They fear the possibility of rain and flood tonight and that there may be difficulty in transporting things later. I am also going there because I do not wish to oppose their requests". He then added, "You need not follow me. There would be neither rain nor flood tonight".

The path of least resistance seems to have been the way the Mahaswami acted.

(Sri Krishnaswami lyer, later - Sri Gnanananda Bharathi Swamigal : Sanyasa Yoga Patta)

*-*-*-*
Subscribe to Lokashankara for Pravachanas by scholars in your language: https://youtube.com/@LokaShankara