satellite & sense hat?

Giorgio Sancristoforo

Jan 8, 2016, 9:37:32 AM1/8/16
to Satellite CCRMA
Any advice to set up a Raspi Sense Hat with Satellite on Raspi 2B?
Basically I'd like to have hat sensors to output OSC to PD

Should I write a Python script and place it in on-startup folder & edit the default script?
any help please?

Edgar

Jan 8, 2016, 3:12:45 PM1/8/16
to Satellite CCRMA
Yes! Look at ~/on-startup/load_default_patch

How will you get the data into pd? Are you using pd extended's shell object? pd also has some way of connecting to python (I think), but I have never tried it.

Best!
—Edgar
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Giorgio Sancristoforo

Jan 9, 2016, 4:58:32 AM1/9/16
to Satellite CCRMA
thanks!!
I think I'll try using OSC with Python. That might be the best solution.
i'll keep you posted
Message has been deleted

zimtzeke

Mar 29, 2016, 2:41:06 PM3/29/16
to Satellite CCRMA

hi giorgio!

i already did this successfully. here an example with the file ex1.py
that is saved in /home/ccrma/on-startup. with the sense-hat it is quite

the same but for some commands like the accelerometer you need

to send [ sudo python accelerometer.py (

hope this helps,