How to run a PD patch in autonomous mode

Gianluca Grazioli

Jul 13, 2016, 12:01:58 PM7/13/16
to Satellite CCRMA
Hi,
I'm using the Satellite CCRMA on a Rasp 2. I've been trying to run in autonomous mode a PD patch that I wrote, when the board boot up. I've followed this tutorial https://ccrma.stanford.edu/wiki/Satellite_CCRMA_First_Steps and all worked with the default patch.
Now, I'm wondering how can I change the default patch with another patch.

Thanks

Edgar J. Berdahl

Jul 13, 2016, 9:36:56 PM7/13/16
to satelli...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Probably you need to first
mv ~/on-startup/load_default_patch_disabled ~/on-startup/load_default_patch
so that the script gets called when it boots.

Then, as far as I recall, that loads the patch ~/on-startup/default-patch.pd (or something like that). You can check by running the command
cat ~/on-startup/load_default_patch
(after you have renamed it :) to check what it is calling.

So, at this point, you can simply replace the default patch, but make sure if it needs any abstractions for that it can find them. (i.e. put them also in ~/on-startup/).

From the terminal, you can also check if it's working by first quitting all instances of pd and then typing
~/on-startup/load_default_patch

Best!
—Edgar

Gianluca Grazioli

Jul 16, 2016, 8:25:43 AM7/16/16
to Satellite CCRMA
Thank you Mr. Edgar!

I've managed to change the default patch with a custom patch successfully.
Unfortunately, another problem came out: if I use the internal soundcard (bcm2835) it works, instead if I use an USB audiocard I have this output
ALSA output error (snd_pcm_open): Device or resource busy
That's strange because, at the beginning, this USB soundcard worked properly.

Any suggestion??

Gianluca Grazioli

Jul 16, 2016, 9:31:12 AM7/16/16
to Satellite CCRMA

Edgar J. Berdahl

Aug 12, 2016, 4:50:31 PM8/12/16
to Satellite CCRMA
If you continue to have issues, you might alternatively try this version of the image (1.05) if that's not the one you have
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~eberdahl/Satellite/SatelliteCCRMA_Rpi_v1.05.dd.gz

But always save your old, working SD card!

You can check which version you're using by checking the names of the files in the /home/ccrma directory.

Best,
Edgar