Satellite CCRMA new features and superior robustness

Edgar

Jun 14, 2013, 3:54:06 PM6/14/13
to satelli...@googlegroups.com, na...@ccrma.stanford.edu, carr...@ccrma.stanford.edu
Hello fellow astronauts,

You may have noticed that a new paper is now linked from the main project page!

Thanks to Myles Borins, there are some new networking features, for instance in case you would like multiple people to be able to control sound synthesis on your embedded Linux board by logging in via the web.

Thanks to Spencer Salazar, it is possible to control hardware-accelerated graphical output using simple OSC messages. It's great for prototyping! Otherwise you would have to write OpenGLES code manually, which is much more work and requires writing C++ code. Here is a video demo of a guitar pedal with projector:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTgP0aL48wo&feature=youtu.be
Besides being installed on the Satellite CCRMA image, the project is on Github:  https://github.com/spencersalazar/SimpleGraphicsOSC

Finally, if you use the Satellite CCRMA image and you run the
disable-flash-writes
command after you are finished with your project, then your project will last much, much longer. For example, if using a class 4 memory card, you will only get about 200 power cycles out of other images before your memory card wears out (assuming that your project boots up into a pd patch). On the other hand, if you use Satellite CCRMA with flash writes disabled, then you will get many more boots before the memory card wears out. It lasts so long, that I haven't been able to get it to fail yet (for instance, more than 10000 power cycles)!! Here are the tests that we've made so far:

Happy prototyping,
Edgar

Giorgio Sancristoforo

Jan 7, 2016, 4:00:52 PM1/7/16
to Satellite CCRMA, na...@ccrma.stanford.edu, carr...@ccrma.stanford.edu
thank you so much for the work
CCRMA's Satellite is great!

Bohdan Mikolasek

Apr 4, 2017, 3:37:37 PM4/4/17
to Satellite CCRMA, na...@ccrma.stanford.edu, carr...@ccrma.stanford.edu
disable flash writes

 is wonderfull for safety running
but
out of my be loved CCRMA projects ..is there some function to instal and use it - e.g. on rasbian jessie ... I did not find  any solution exept of complicated instructions limited in use...

thank you
Bohdan Mikolasek
Zurich