making backup of ccrma sd card?

Edo Paulus

Feb 17, 2016, 4:42:22 AM2/17/16
to Satellite CCRMA
I'm finalising a project build on the Satellite CCRMA platform. For that I also want to make a full backup image of the sd card (with my own pd files, startup settings, etc). I'm thinking of using the process described on How_To_Get_Satellite_CCRMA, specifically reversing the dd command. The dd command would then look something like:

sudo dd if=/dev/disk2 of=SatelliteCCRMA_myproject_backup.dd bs=1m

Is this the right way to do it?

Thanks also for this great platform!

PS: The disable-flash-writes also is great, when finalising the project.

Message has been deleted

zimtzeke

Mar 29, 2016, 2:53:58 PM3/29/16
to Satellite CCRMA
yes.

if you are not sure which disk is your pi-sd-card then type
df in terminal (on mac you can type 'diskutil list' in terminal)

ciao,
Message has been deleted

Edo Paulus

Apr 4, 2016, 11:53:05 AM4/4/16
to Satellite CCRMA
Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I've created a backup using the dd command I described above (On a mac, already a month ago now, without any problems).

Greg O'Drobinak

Apr 6, 2016, 3:05:42 PM4/6/16
to Satellite CCRMA
Hi!

I have been using ApplePi-Baker to load/save/archive any and all images for the Raspberry Pi.
It is *way* more friendly, quick and easy to use than dealing with 'dd'.

I hope you all like it!

All the best,
Greg O'Drobinak