raspi 3 /distro /experiences / wolfson?

Servando Barreiro

Jun 16, 2016, 2:23:11 PM6/16/16
to Satellite CCRMA

Hi All!

are there plans for Satellite ccrma in Raspberry 3?

experiences with puredata Audio i/o in Rpi3?

I'm also considering buying the wolfson audio card. did any of you had experiences with it ?

I'm developing a multichannel audio installation in which I use one raspberry per speaker and I also use a microphone for analysis and I still have some time to decide if I will use R2 or r3

All the best from Medialab-prado

Servando

Leo Keba

Jul 4, 2016, 10:22:44 AM7/4/16
to Satellite CCRMA
I managed to make an image that runs on the RPi 3 based on the last Satellite 1.05 image.

It is not fully tested, nor benchmarked, and the process was quite painful, but if you want to try it let me know, I will tell you how I did it.

Cheers

servando barreiro

Jul 4, 2016, 11:16:34 AM7/4/16
to satelli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Leo,  If there was a downloadable image anywhere, I could go for it but at the momen I had enough pages to follow..

cheers!
Servando

Leo Keba

Jul 4, 2016, 12:25:14 PM7/4/16
to Satellite CCRMA
I can send it to you if you want.

 However, I cannot assure you that it will be a stable as the original release. There could be some dependencies that don't work anymore and you may have to recompile them.

 But if you want it anyway just tell me and I'll upload it somewhere !

Christian Konovalov

Aug 25, 2016, 5:39:23 AM8/25/16
to Satellite CCRMA
Hi! Is it still possible to get Satellite image for RPi 3?

Edgar J. Berdahl

Aug 26, 2016, 12:54:33 PM8/26/16
to satelli...@googlegroups.com
There is no image for RPi 3 currently supported by me.

However, maybe you can ask Leo.

I'm waiting for probably the next-generation board. One issue with the RPi 3 is that the 64-bit repo is probably still not in good shape yet, but undoubtedly if I did release a 32-bit RPi 3 image, sometime later a 64-bit version would be requested!

—Edgar

Johnty Wang

Sep 12, 2016, 10:46:20 AM9/12/16
to Satellite CCRMA
One issue with the RPi 3 is that the 64-bit repo is probably still not in good shape yet, but undoubtedly if I did release a 32-bit RPi 3 image, sometime later a 64-bit version would be requested!

Hi Edgar,

A perhaps naive question: does Satellite use a RT operating system? If not, does it in theory make sense to use a Raspbian image, which would mean universal compatibility across all RPi boards for a single image, while the trade-off being you won't be able to make use of the latest-and-greatest hardware features? (Currently Raspbian is 32-bit, and will likely remain so for the foreseeable future) You would still gain the raw clock improvements of the newer CPUs, which probably constitute the more significant gains anyway. Of course, I ask from a purely theoretical perspective - there are probably other good reasons against moving away from the existing Ubuntu based system. Also, are there specific hardware-based optimizations in the existing images that would grossly offset the convenience of such a universal image?

Aside, given the limited amount of memory on the RPi, 64-bit is probably not a huge benefit anyway expect in the few cases that can take advantage of it?

This is more of some thoughts and trying to understand better the nature of the situation rather than a specific request. Thanks for bearing with me. :)

Johnty
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to satelliteccrm...@googlegroups.com.

pablo lopez lozano

Sep 21, 2016, 5:36:14 PM9/21/16
to Satellite CCRMA
Hi my ñame is Pablo i am very interested in satélite for raspberry pi 3 can you help me
My email is automat...@gmail.com thanks a lot
Saludos
Pablo