New Release: SATe 2.2.0

Jamie Oaks

May 1, 2012, 12:21:36 AM5/1/12
to SATe User
Version 2.2.0 of SATe has just been released:

http://phylo.bio.ku.edu/software/sate/sate.html

Updates include:

- [BUG FIX] No longer uses 'N' for missing taxa in multi-locus
mode, which
caused problems with multi-locus amino acid analyses
with
missing taxa.
- [CHANGES] Fasttree is now bundled with SATe.
- [CHANGES] New option to automatically set defaults based on size
of
dataset.
- [CHANGES] Several default settings changed.

Patricia Sanchez-Baracaldo

May 1, 2012, 9:58:24 AM5/1/12
to SATe User
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for this. I have just tried the new version with the same data
set I was trying last time which worked. But now nothing happens wen
you hit start.
When choosing a directory with multilocus data it ask 'read input data
now?'

I doesn't work with one single file (gene) either - which was my first
test last time.

I wonder what is going on?

Cheers,

Patricia

Jamie Oaks

May 1, 2012, 10:17:42 AM5/1/12
to sate...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patricia,

The 'read input data now?' message is part of new feature in SATe. It will automatically determine appropriate settings for the analysis tuned to the size of your dataset. What happens when you click 'Ok'?

Also, after you hit start, sometimes the GUI status window gets a little ahead of itself, so scroll up and down to make sure the program isn't running normally.

If neither of these suggestions help, please let us know what operating system you are running. I just tested the data you sent us previously on Mac OS X 10.7.3 and it worked for single and multi-locus analyses. We'll do our best to get them running for you too.

Sorry for the trouble, and many thanks for reporting your issue.

Jamie

Patricia Sanchez-Baracaldo

May 1, 2012, 11:13:23 AM5/1/12
to SATe User
Hi Jamie,

I just worked our that Sate like to be in the applications folder. I
have Mac 10.6.8 - After putting the sate icon in the application
folder it runs fine. I had forgotten that from last time. Apologies.

Which file shall I use to get bootstrap values in RaxML?

It seems to run faster now.

I will be doing more tests. Thanks,

Best wishes,