Install SATe locally

Madza Y Farias-Virgens

Apr 4, 2018, 7:53:51 PM4/4/18
to SATe User
I'm on a cluster CentOS trying to install SATe locally.
Im not sudoer
cant do
sudo python setup.py develop
so I did
python setup.py develop --user
but I'm getting the error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "run_sate.py", line 27, in <module>
    from sate.mainsate import sate_main
  File "/home/madzays/install/satesrc-v2.2.7-2013Feb15/sate-core/sate/mainsate.py", line 37, in <module>
    from sate.satejob import *
  File "/home/madzays/install/satesrc-v2.2.7-2013Feb15/sate-core/sate/satejob.py", line 34, in <module>
    from sate.treeholder import TreeHolder, resolve_polytomies
  File "/home/madzays/install/satesrc-v2.2.7-2013Feb15/sate-core/sate/treeholder.py", line 26, in <module>
    from sate.tree import PhylogeneticTree
  File "/home/madzays/install/satesrc-v2.2.7-2013Feb15/sate-core/sate/tree.py", line 25, in <module>
    from dendropy import convert_node_to_root_polytomy
ImportError: cannot import name convert_node_to_root_polytomy

I'm using python 2.7.13 loaded by anaconda2
Thanks!

Mark Holder

Apr 4, 2018, 9:56:45 PM4/4/18
to sate...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
My guess would be that there has been some refactoring in DendroPy has caused that function to be replaced by some other procedure.

In the best of all possible worlds, we could figure out how to fix the SATe code to use the latest version of DendroPy, but I suspect that it would be easier to install a version of DendroPy from the date that corresponds to the SATe version.

I think that if you use git to download the full revision history of DendroPy from https://github.com/jeetsukumaran/DendroPy , then it should be possible to install the version that was available on 15 Feb, 2013. Just let me know if that does not work.

all the best,
Mark Holder

Madza Y Farias-Virgens

Apr 5, 2018, 4:13:18 PM4/5/18
to SATe User
Hi Mark,
yes, it worked.
just
git checkout 08e7ffb6e8640440f1ab36157b5696d481a92ff9
and then delete previous installation of DendroPy and reinstall that version.
Thanks!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SATe User" group.