Bug found in SATe v2.1.0

Jamie Oaks

Apr 24, 2012, 4:31:16 PM4/24/12
to sate...@googlegroups.com
We have found a bug in the current version (2.1.0) of SATe associated with multi-locus analyses of amino acid sequences when there are missing taxa for some of the loci.  SATe erroneously inserts 'N's for the missing taxa, which will result in erroneous tree searches.

So, if you have:

1) multi-locus data,
2) amino acid sequences, and
3) missing taxa for any loci,

Do not use SATe v2.1.0 for multi-locus analyses (single locus analyses and analyses of nucleotide data are not affected by the bug).

This bug has been corrected in the source code available on github.com (https://github.com/sate-dev/sate-core), and we will be packaging a release with the bug fix (and some new features) very soon.

We apologize for any inconveniences caused by the error!

Jamie

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Jamie Oaks
Biodiversity Institute
University of Kansas
Dyche Hall, 1345 Jayhawk Blvd
Lawrence, KS 66045-7561

Office Phone:  785-864-3439
Office Fax:  785-864-5335
E-mail:  joa...@ku.edu

Jamie Oaks

May 1, 2012, 12:11:48 AM5/1/12
to SATe User
This bug is fixed in version 2.2.0 of SATe, which is now available for
download at the SATe website:

http://phylo.bio.ku.edu/software/sate/sate.html

Thanks,

Jamie