Updating Satchmo/Django store to SHA-256 and G5 Root Certificate

jc

Aug 9, 2016, 1:54:06 PM8/9/16
to Satchmo users

I have a Satchmo/Django e-commerce store that I've sort of inherited. :/ The client got an email from PayPal recently stating that they will be updating fromm SHA-1 to SHA-256 and changing to a G5 Root Certificate as well. I will need to update the store (probably specifically the PayPal module?) before the change over. Looks like the app that was installed is named: payment.modules.paypal

I need advice/help form someone very familar with Satchmo or Django or both on how to update this as I'm somewhat clueless at the moment. For what it's worth, I'm guessing all of the work will be done inside the folder named /satchmo/apps/payment/modules/paypal? Any and all help is appreciated.

Here is the link the PayPal info: https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&widgetview=true&ID=FAQ1766&viewlocale=en_US

Daniel Purcell

Aug 10, 2016, 11:08:46 AM8/10/16
to Satchmo users
As long as your system and python libraries work with SHA-256, your Satchmo store should be just fine.  From what I understand, this isn't specific to the PayPal implementation in Satchmo, but the way the Python libraries connect to the PayPal API.

jc

Aug 15, 2016, 2:29:03 PM8/15/16
to Satchmo users
Daniel,

Hello! Thanks so much for the info on that. Is there a quick way to determine if my system and python libraries work with SHA-256...I'll search for the answer as well but figured I'd ask. FWIW, I really need someone to take over this website for me. He rarely needs stuff done but it's a little over my head...still a beginner in a lot of ways. :)

Thanks again for the info, that really does help me.

Cheers,
J.

Daniel Purcell

Aug 16, 2016, 10:58:10 AM8/16/16
to Satchmo users
Give this a try:

import requests
= requests.get("https://tlstest.paypal.com")
print r.status_code
print r.content

It should print out 200 for the status code, and "PayPal_Connection_OK" for the content.

I'd be happy to learn more about the satchmo project you've inherited. Please PM me.

Sincerely,

Dan

jc

Aug 16, 2016, 11:39:35 AM8/16/16
to Satchmo users
Dan,

I will try that in just a few, when I get a chance. Quick question from a novice, to test that Python code all I have to do is, log into to server, boot up the Python command line (or should I call it the interpreter?) and type out the code, correct? If so, I can easily do that. Thanks!

I will PM shortly about the project and maybe you might even be interested in taking it over as I really don't need to be maintaining that website. :) Regardless, thanks a lot for the help...it's tough to find help.

J.

jc

Sep 21, 2016, 10:52:25 AM9/21/16
to Satchmo users
Dan,

Not sure how to PM you (rarely if ever use Google Groups)...I need to ask you a question or two concerning this website I've inherited...mainly if you are interested in taking it over. .....it's definitely over my head....plus, getting Python errors when issuing = requests.get("https://tlstest.paypal.com")

I won't take up much time as I need to get fix this but just a couple of questions if you have the time...