Re: Digest for satchmo-users@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Daniel Purcell

Mar 7, 2018, 10:37:33 AM3/7/18
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I haven't seen this happen before. Could it be something to do with your cache backend being a little too voliatle? What is your cache backend?

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 7:29 AM, <satchm...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Mike Hostetler <mi...@squarepegsystems.com>: Mar 06 04:42PM -0600

Not sure if anyone is still on this list but I'll give it a shot...

I still have a customer on Satchmo (they haven't been willing to pay for a
rewrite to something else). Naturally they have had problems with old TLS
on their payments provider. I moved them to ActivePython 2.6 and the
gunicorn server that comes with it. That has TLS 1.2 and works beautifully.

But one in a while, a customer will look at his cart, hit the checkout
button, and step 1 of checkout says "your cart is empty" and it's only
obviously not. Restarting gunicorn fixes it.

I looked at the code and it stores the cart in the user session and in step
1 gets it back out. So it seems to lose it.

Anyone see this before (with or without Satchmo)? Is something with
gunicorn causing it to fall out?

Mike Hostetler

Mar 7, 2018, 10:53:40 AM3/7/18
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
Because of the "curiosity" of Satchmo storing checkout information in cache, I tossed out memcache long ago and use db cache, so that is not volatile. But that was something that I thought of.

I looked how the CartManager worked (because that is what the system is using to get the cart from the session) and if the cart isn't in the session, it tries to load the cart from the db via the customer. So I change the code to always persist the cart when the user is on "/cart". I've only tried it this morning but I haven't been able to reproduce it since.

So Fingers crossed... but any insights would be valuable.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 7:29 AM, <satchmo-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Mike Hostetler <mi...@squarepegsystems.com>: Mar 06 04:42PM -0600

Not sure if anyone is still on this list but I'll give it a shot...

I still have a customer on Satchmo (they haven't been willing to pay for a
rewrite to something else). Naturally they have had problems with old TLS
on their payments provider. I moved them to ActivePython 2.6 and the
gunicorn server that comes with it. That has TLS 1.2 and works beautifully.

But one in a while, a customer will look at his cart, hit the checkout
button, and step 1 of checkout says "your cart is empty" and it's only
obviously not. Restarting gunicorn fixes it.

I looked at the code and it stores the cart in the user session and in step
1 gets it back out. So it seems to lose it.

Anyone see this before (with or without Satchmo)? Is something with
gunicorn causing it to fall out?

Mike Hostetler
SquarePeg Systems
http://www.squarepegsystems.com