Adding "staff" users

Kyle McKenna

Nov 17, 2014, 7:48:09 PM11/17/14
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm trying to make a "manager" user, who can create other "staff" users. I noticed that when I give the "manager" user the ability to create users, that they can create users and give them ANY permission available (even ones they don't have access to), is there a built in or easy way to handle this?

Thanks,
Kyle

Marconius Cuthemustard

Nov 27, 2014, 11:24:25 PM11/27/14
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
This is actually a Django-specific question, as the user and permission
mechanisms are coded in django.contrib.auth. Take a look at the Using the Django authentication system guide for
more info. Also, you can re-ask the question on the Django users mailing
list.