satchmo slideshow

kev

May 28, 2015, 9:25:45 AM5/28/15
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi there

            I have found a slideshow plugin for django (https://github.com/clarle/django-slides) which hasn't been updated for a few years now,
following the instructions i have installed it and it shows up in the admin panel but when i try to add
a slideshow or change a slideshow i get an error thrown at me, shown below

 DatabaseError at /admin/slideshow/slideshow/add/
no such table: slideshow_slide
Request Method:GET
Request URL:http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/slideshow/slideshow/add/
Django Version:1.4.20
Exception Type:DatabaseError
Exception Value:
no such table: slideshow_slide
Exception Location:C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\db\backends\sqlite3\base.py in execute, line 344
Python Executable:C:\Python27\python.exe
Python Version:2.7.9
Python Path:
['C:\\Users\\Administrator\\MyStores\\store',
 'C:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\satchmo-0.9.3-py2.7.egg',
 'C:\\Windows\\SYSTEM32\\python27.zip',
 'C:\\Python27\\DLLs',
 'C:\\Python27\\lib',
 'C:\\Python27\\lib\\plat-win',
 'C:\\Python27\\lib\\lib-tk',
 'C:\\Python27',
 'C:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages',
 'C:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\win32',
 'C:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\win32\\lib',
 'C:\\Python27\\lib\\site-packages\\Pythonwin',
 '..\\..\\apps',
 '']

i can see it is telling me there is no slideshow tables in the database (i think) but i am a python beginner
at best and am not sure how to fix it or what i am doing wrong, so could use some help.

the instructions to install are as follows

## Installation

1. Download and place the 'slideshow' folder somewhere  on your `PYTHONPATH`.
          (i put it in site-packages)

2. Add `slideshow` to your `INSTALLED_APPS` under `settings.py`.
          (added this to both my store and main satchmo settings just to be sure)

3. To use a slideshow in another Django application, you can refer to the `slideshow` object as `slideshow.Slideshow` in your Django models.
          (i am not sure about doing this ?)

4. If you're not extending `base.html`, make sure you have jQuery 1.4.2+ and Slides 1.1.7+ in your templates somewhere. Use `{% load slideshow_tags %}` in whatever template you wish to use a slideshow in.
          (this made no difference)

i would like to see the plugin become part of satchmo (like its toolbar), which i think really needs a slideshow and looking
at the .py files this looks like it would be very simple for someone with a bit more experience than me to achieve, however
i would be happy to have a go myself if someone could help me through it.

thanks

kev

Ariel Carná

May 29, 2015, 6:29:52 AM5/29/15
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kev,

Did you try with:

manage.py syncdb

Looking at the model, it will create 2 tables:
Slide and Slideshow.

A.

Sent from my iPhone

kev

May 29, 2015, 9:10:36 AM5/29/15
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi there esteban and thanks for you reply

I forgot to respond to my post, i managed to work it out by chance
by looking at some other documents and as i didnt know what exactly for,
i came across manage.py and thought i would give it a go and voila you are correct
it worked perfectly. i actually felt kind of stupid after i had done it !

i guess i am showing the python begginer in me lol

kev