Re: Looking for Python/Satchmo/Django developer for immediate start.

Dave Brown

Jun 3, 2013, 1:39:32 PM6/3/13
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jess -
I'd be happy to help.
An example satchmo shop you can view is Europeanpaper.com - I did all the development (front and back) - and as you can see - quite a bit of customization to the entire checkout process.

My portfolio is at DjangoJunkie.com - linkedin/resume is http://linkedin.com/in/boulderdave

Dave

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Jess James <jess....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all

Never posted here before, so apologies if this is the wrong place, etc.

I have a client who needs some site repair/dev work done on a pre-existing site, starting immediately.

It shouldn't be a big job... essentially the site was mostly written, but unfinished, by a previous dev, and my development skills do not extend beyond diagnosis and some bug fixing, so I'm looking for someone to get up to speed quick and get the thing working/finished. There is a possibility for a second job (integrating the site with a 3rd party external partner site), assuming that we can get this one working, and in good time.

The area of the code that's unfinished is the credit card payment processor. The site is written in Python/Django/Satchmo, and already has the payment processor code in place... it really should be a relatively straight forward job for anyone who knows the platform.

If there's anyone out there, or you know someone, who has the time ASAP and can take on a quick-hit repair job I'd be massively grateful, since I'm having great difficulty finding a resource.

Please feel free to ask questions, and thanks.
Jess

Dave Brown
Founder / Software Engineer
Mountain-Op.com - Great deals for a good cause

Jess James

Jun 3, 2013, 2:12:14 PM6/3/13
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave

That's fantastic, thanks for getting in touch.

I'll have a look through your stuff, but to give you a little background...

This is going to be a quick and dirty fix-it job. The site was created by someone else, but they never completed it. So, much of the work has been done, but not finished.

Best I can figure out the payment processor has been written, and seems to have been tested from the command line (connecting to USAEPAY), but was never wired in to the site itself. So depending on how much code is missing, and how complex it is, will determine how long it takes. I told the client that it would take between 5 and 10 hours, best guess.

So it will require getting up to speed pretty quick (I can give you a pretty detailed tour), and just getting it working.

It's a satchmo site, but it's not using satchmo to make the connection... it's a python SOAP interface.

Once it's working, and assuming the client is happy, the next task will be to do some integration work with a partner site... again I expect a lot of this work to have been done, but not quite complete, so I expect a similar effort.

So, if this sounds like something you're interested in, and can spend some time this week, drop me an e-mail (jess....@gmail.com), and we'll see if we can get this done.

Many thanks for dropping me a line... had a lot of trouble finding a resource.
Jess