Where does user information get checked when applying discounts?

chriscauley

Jul 18, 2012, 2:32:03 PM7/18/12
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm having trouble with group based discounts not being applied for some users (none of them are marked as staff). I haven't been able to figure out what the differences are between the users who are getting discounts and those who are not. I have looked through the Satchmo source code to figure out where the problem occurs, but I can't find any place where Satchmo looks up user data before determining the price. In product/templates/product/product.html it shows the price with:

{{ product|discount_price:sale|currency }}

However, the template filter `discount_price` only seems to use the sale passed in (which is `None`), and returns the product.unit_price if there is no sale. At no point does the User enter into this, so I can't see how the discount granted by a PricingTier is applied in any of this. Any thoughts on where to look? Thank you for your time.

Chris Cauley