Responsive CSS for default Satchmo theme

kcharvey

Dec 21, 2012, 10:57:21 AM12/21/12
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello Satchmo developers! Has there been any talk of changing the default Satchmo theme to a responsive design? I've a got a client with a Satchmo installation and a skin based on the default theme who'd like to go responsive. I was thinking this would be an excellent opportunity to contribute back to Satchmo if it hadn't already done. If this turns out to be something we'd be interested in, I'd solicit feedback from the community on what the mobile- and tablet- designs should look like.

Kevin

Dave Brown

Dec 21, 2012, 12:14:18 PM12/21/12
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
Kevin,
I'd love to be able to help but could not guarantee a quick turn around.

Interested to see if anybody else has done anything yet - ive looked here and there, and have also thought about building some 'themes' just to get people started - similar to what you could get off of themeforest for example

Dave
Message has been deleted

Chris Moffitt

Dec 21, 2012, 7:25:17 PM12/21/12
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
I would be very open to including some updated CSS in the default theme. I will be the first to admit it needs some updating!

-Chris

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Kevin Harvey <kcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Maybe you could help advise then :). I've only got the one install. Are most people using the base theme as a starting point for they're own, or just tossing style.css and starting from scratch?

--
Kevin Harvey
Web Developer

Dave Brown

Dec 21, 2012, 7:25:49 PM12/21/12
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
I would say that most people probably just use the templates solely for functionality (i.e. what tags/variables are available, etc.) and probably scrap the majority of the html and css.

Dave

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Kevin Harvey <kcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Maybe you could help advise then :). I've only got the one install. Are most people using the base theme as a starting point for they're own, or just tossing style.css and starting from scratch?

--
Kevin Harvey
Web Developer
615-686-8238
kcha...@gmail.com

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Dave Brown <wakeb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dave Brown
CEO/Founder
Rampframe.com - Action Sports Network

Raphael

Dec 21, 2012, 5:25:40 PM12/21/12
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
can't talk for others but for me it was good to start with existing one.
--
Raphael
http://develissimo.com

Kevin Harvey

Jan 3, 2013, 4:08:53 PM1/3/13
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
Would there be any interest is starting with an existing framework, like Twitter Bootstrap or Zurb's Foundation? Or would it be best to just roll our own?

Also, how fast would we need to turn this around to get it into 0.9.3?

--
Kevin Harvey
Web Developer

Bashar

Jan 3, 2013, 4:13:18 PM1/3/13
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com

Bootstrap would be something IMO

matimatik

Dec 23, 2012, 2:31:39 AM12/23/12
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 13:20:59 -0500
Kevin Harvey <kcha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe you could help advise then :). I've only got the one install.
> Are most people using the base theme as a starting point for they're
> own, or just tossing style.css and starting from scratch?

Don't know. I don't use default templates in any real projects.

Kevin Harvey

Feb 26, 2013, 9:24:45 AM2/26/13
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
I've started on this with Twitter Bootstrap. My plan was to go through the entirety of Satchmo's style.css and remove as much as possible, allowing the default Bootstrap CSS to take over.

--
Kevin Harvey
Web Developer

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:30 AM, Puneet <er.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Any update on this ? Did anyone got started and have some progress with this ?

~Puneet