New Branch "multi-shop"

Bruce Kroeze

Jul 25, 2008, 10:34:50 PM7/25/08
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
I am going to begin work on a short (hopefully) branch this weekend.  "multi-shop" will fully enable multiple shops within one installation.

- It will support multiple hosts, as well as "sub-shops":

multiple hosts: shirts.example.com, books.example.com
sub-shops: mall.example.com/shirts, mall.example.com/trousers

To do this, I am going to introduce a threadlocal middleware, and extend the shop middleware.  It will be moderately straightforward, I already did and debugged this for this for Banjo.

I'm wondering about using banjo-common for the threadlocals.  I don't mind just cross-contributing the code, but it would be easier to just make that a dependency.  I would make sure to publicly host it, I was going to release Banjo this weekend anyway.

--
Bruce Kroeze
http://solidsitesolutions.com

Chris Moffitt

Jul 26, 2008, 12:29:11 AM7/26/08
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
This is probably one of the top 1or  2 most requested features so this will be really nice. The one thing I hope we can do is make it minimally intrusive for folks that don't want it.

Satchmo is getting to have a lot of really sophisticated features. I want to support them but don't want it to get too complex for someone that only needs a simple store. Hopefully this feature can be fairly seamless.

-Chris

Bruce Kroeze

Jul 26, 2008, 1:08:06 AM7/26/08
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
The main changes will be transparent, and will default to the one-and-only shop if only one shop.  I will have to add a reference to the shop for many of the objects however, which will probably mean an update script.

Allan Porras

Nov 23, 2013, 1:01:19 PM11/23/13
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
Guys, multi-host is now enable?