Increasing django version number

41 views
Skip to first unread message

chriscauley

unread,
Oct 21, 2015, 7:25:55 PM10/21/15
to Satchmo developers
I'm considering upgrading satchmo to work with newer versions of django. Is anyone else already working on this? I would hate to duplicate work some one else is doing. On master I got a lot of failed test cases. Is this just me or am I right in assuming the tests are messed up. Is there an IRC for discussing this stuff?

Chris Cauley

RJ Ryan

unread,
Oct 21, 2015, 9:30:20 PM10/21/15
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

I did a bunch of 1.8.x support fixes in my satchmo repo -- unfortunately they are all intermingled with some site-specific hacks I've done to Satchmo. Maybe you can cherry-pick the commits? I did most of them on 6/24/2015:


On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 4:25 PM, chriscauley <ch...@lablackey.com> wrote:
I'm considering upgrading satchmo to work with newer versions of django. Is anyone else already working on this? I would hate to duplicate work some one else is doing. On master I got a lot of failed test cases. Is this just me or am I right in assuming the tests are messed up. Is there an IRC for discussing this stuff?

Chris Cauley

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Satchmo developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to satchmo-develop...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/satchmo-developers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Chris Moffitt

unread,
Oct 22, 2015, 5:54:09 PM10/22/15
to Satchmo developers
I recently merged in a bunch of changes for django 1.7 so make sure you are using the latest bitbucket version.

I'm definitely supportive of doing these updates and will try to help.

-Chris

Chris Cauley

unread,
Oct 23, 2015, 3:14:23 PM10/23/15
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
I didn't see those updates, but I was all caught up as of my first email (I see you did a small merge since then but it looks like only docs changes). When I forked satchmo and then ran all the tests I received a quite few errors. First the Product.site and Category.site (and a few others) were all "1" in the fixtures where they should have been [1]. I'm guessing the tests weren't updated when the site field when from ForeignKey to ManyToMany. I've almost fixed all of these and will have a pull request soon. I just wanted to make sure that the tests themselves were broken and it's not just me messing up.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages