Help with custom product modules

kev

Jun 29, 2015, 10:01:30 AM6/29/15
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

    I have been looking at the satchmo docs (custom product modules) specifically to create a custom product plugin for the home page only,  i need the plugin to be displayed in the admin panel,
and contain no more than ten products that i select, i do not want this to effect satchmo products as the product/products that i select will already be in the store database.
I want it it so that when a user clicks a link it will take them to that products page, just like the favorites on the satchmo home page, only this is in its own category.

can i achieve what i need using the examples given in the satchmo docs (custom product modules), does this completely change the satchmo product module, or am i looking in the wrong place
altogether ?

Tnx