Sass with bootstrap

Divine

Jun 22, 2015, 4:36:40 PM6/22/15
to sass...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm kinda new to sass and I'm trying to build a webpage with sass and bootstrap. I'm just wondering if it's good to keep the bootstrap css file separate or is it better to import the bootstrap components also into the main.scss file that will finally make the main.css file I'm going to use for the site. Thanks..

Brad Rice

Jun 24, 2015, 5:04:25 PM6/24/15
to sass...@googlegroups.com
That's a good question. I'm thinking it would be preferable to import into main.scss. You get the benefit of minimizing the http requests as well as the ability to compress using sass. In favor of including it as a standalone would be if you have a cache buster on main.css you would get more bang because you wouldn't be cache busting bootstrap, just main.css.

Some people cache bust main.css like this main.css?t=20150623120945 where they add a timestamp to prevent cache. Sometimes you want to prevent cache when there are lots of recent changes you want to assure the end user is seeing.

I suppose too, if you want to quickly update bootstrap without compiling, standalone works.

Divine

Jun 24, 2015, 10:22:01 PM6/24/15
to sass...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Brad :)