New to Sass and getting all issues

hitc...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2015, 3:07:15 AM9/8/15
to Sass
So, I'm using Sublime Text 2 and I've gotten to the point that I want to learn some new things. I have a mac but I installed Sass through the Terminal. I also installed Scss. I installed several packages through Sublime Text 2 as well. I downloaded the node.js also. I just can't get the sass to work. They files I create don't allow me to nest elements or to create variables. I'm able to save a file as .Sass but if I try to save it as .Scss the .Css extension is added on to it. I'm not sure what's going on or what else to try out right now. You help would be great so that I can keep my learning process moving forward.

O'Neil

Matthew Felgate

Sep 10, 2015, 4:21:55 AM9/10/15
to Sass
First check SASS is installed; in terminal type

sass -v

Do you get a version number?, eg:

Sass 3.4.13 (Selective Steve)