Grid Sass Issue - Fixing Error, or Ignore File option

Jim Callender

Oct 8, 2015, 3:02:28 PM10/8/15
to Sass
Hi all,

New post here -

I know basic Sass, but having an issue with this code I have picked up from another developer - debugging this error which comes up when I try to compile the sass files.

Line 27 of _grid.scss: 12 is not a list for `index'

Line 27 is highlighted below - what is required to fix this?

@each $column in $grids {
 $i: index($grids, $column); <<<< LINE 27

@for $i from 1 through $column {
 $w
:($width/$column) * $i;
 $percentage
:percentage($w/$width);

&.u-#{$i}-#{$column} {
    width
: calc(#{$percentage} - #{$gutter}) !important;
    width
: -webkit-calc(#{$percentage} - #{$gutter}) !important;

}

}

The alternative option is to move this as a separate css file, or ignore it in the css, but it is required for the site grid design.

Please let me know the quickest option to fix this issue.

Thank you,

Jim C.

Natalie Weizenbaum

Oct 9, 2015, 5:01:51 PM10/9/15
to sass-lang
As far as I can tell, that line is entirely unnecessary; $i is immediately rebound in the @for loop without ever being used.

It may help if you describe what you're trying to do here in a little more detail.