Unable to use Saros with Eclipse in Multiple versions

Super JokerPT

Oct 27, 2021, 4:40:14 PM10/27/21
to Saros User
I have tried a 2020 and 2021 version but Saros is unable to even launch.

"Plug-in saros.eclipse was unable to load class saros.ui.views.SarosView." is what it says.
log.txt

Prechelt, Lutz

Oct 28, 2021, 9:27:18 AM10/28/21
to Super JokerPT, saros...@googlegroups.com
  • I have tried a 2020 and 2021 version but Saros is unable to even launch.

Hello,
we are aware that Saros needs work. Unfortunately, there is currently more-or-less no developer capacity at the Saros project.

However, the first problem in your logfile

java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make field private final java.util.Comparator java.util.TreeMap.comparator accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.util" to unnamed module @1f75fd1d

to me looks like it might be related to what version of the JDK or JRE you are using. Refer to the Saros documentation and try an older one.
That's all help I can offer, sorry,

  Lutz Prechelt