I can't register a new account in eclipse

davidjorda...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2019, 2:02:40 PM4/20/19
to Saros User
I don't know why but everytime I try to register an account I get an error message: "An unknown error occurred. Please register on provider's website."
Pls help

Tobias Bouschen

Apr 20, 2019, 2:06:29 PM4/20/19
to saros...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

We had to disable inband registration as it was abused to create spam accounts.

You can still register new accounts on our website: https://saros-con.imp.fu-berlin.de:5280/register

Best regards,
Tobias

davidjordan2006

Apr 26, 2019, 7:55:15 AM4/26/19
to Saros User
Ok I still can't register there because on the site: https://saros-con.imp.fu-berlin.de:5280/register if I click on anything I get the error: 404 Not Found

Pls help again

kelvin.glass

Apr 26, 2019, 8:04:01 AM4/26/19
to Saros User
On Friday, 26 April 2019 13:55:15 UTC+2, davidjordan2006 wrote:
> Ok I still can't register there because on the site: https://saros-con.imp.fu-berlin.de:5280/register if I click on anything I get the error: 404 Not Found
>
> Pls help again

Hi,

please try https://saros-con.imp.fu-berlin.de:5280/register/new

BR,
Kelvin

sona...@web.de

May 13, 2019, 7:12:23 AM5/13/19
to Saros User
Am Samstag, 20. April 2019 20:02:40 UTC+2 schrieb davidjordan2006:
> I don't know why but everytime I try to register an account I get an error message: "An unknown error occurred. Please register on provider's website."
> Pls help

Hi,
is it now working for you?
I have the same problem and it won´t work with the links. I already regiestert under following link: https://saros-con.imp.fu-berlin.de:5280/register/new but when I open eclipse it still says that error message: "An unknown error occurred. Please register on provider's website."

I would be very pleased if you could help me.
Best regards, Sona

kelvin.glass

May 13, 2019, 7:43:00 AM5/13/19
to Saros User
Hi,

I was not able to reproduce this problem. I performed the following steps:

1. Create a new account on https://saros-con.imp.fu-berlin.de:5280/register/new
2. Open Eclipse (with Saros v14.10.31 installed)
3. Open Menu "Saros" > "Start Saros Configuration..."
4. Enter <username>@saros-con.imp.fu-berlin.de as JID, Enter password
5. Click "Next >"
6. Click "Next >"
7. Select Color, Click "Next >"
8. Click "Finish"

After the configuration process, I was able to start a Saros session and share my projects.

In which step does this issue occur? Did you use other steps?

BR,
Kelvin