Is there a project which integrates Eclipse (Java) with ECLiPSe (Prolog)

Eric Marceau

Mar 14, 2021, 10:33:18 AM3/14/21
to saros...@googlegroups.com, Joachim Schimpf

Hello,

Below, Joachim mentionned that there was a project to integrate or merge the two environments.

Could you let me know if there is still activity on that which is ongoing in the background?  A scan of the information about the Saros project does not show anything that I could find.

To be honest, I was simply looking for an updated IDE for the ECLiPSe toolset.  I have no interest in the Java side.

From what I see of Saros, it appears to be geared to live-shared access to code over the network.

I would not be using any of that functionality.  I would be limiting myself to the actual GUI and Application-Integration components (data/rules code files, Maria/MySQL database, possible desktop web-server if imposed by the DB function).

Thank you for responding.

Eric, 65, retired

For details on my background, please refer to
    https://stackoverflow.com/users/9716110/eric?tab=profile

Mar 15, 2021, 8:16:22 AM3/15/21
to Eric Marceau, saros...@googlegroups.com, Joachim Schimpf

Eric,

"From what I see of Saros, it appears to be geared to live-shared access to code over the network.
I would not be using any of that functionality. "

Saros is only about this live-shared access. Saros is agnostic (or attempts to be) in every other respect.
Not the tool for you, it seems.

  Lutz Prechelt