does application (using SARL) have to be designed with specific methodology?

tresnaningtiyas purbo

Mar 13, 2020, 12:54:47 AM3/13/20
to sarl
Hi, I need to build a MAS application, I do interest using SARL to deploy it
Is there any specific methodology for building the application in SARL, or is there any recommendation?

Thanks

Stéphane Galland

Mar 13, 2020, 3:12:58 AM3/13/20
to sa...@googlegroups.com
As most of the general-purpose programming languages, there is not a single methodology for using SARL.

Usually, me and my teams are using a standard agile methodology with several steps that are inspired from our complex-system design methodology ASPECS, when we do not require to use a so complex methodology.

When implementing with SARL, read carefully the document of each function. Indeed, several of them may have a strong impact on the run-time because they are run in parallel to the rest of the application.
Keep in your mind that every "on" block is run in parallel to the other.

From that, you will have to be carefull about the distributed system design of your multiagent system, and its implementation with really parallel features.
Think event-based implementation.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to come back on this forum.

Stephane.

tresnaningtiyas purbo

Mar 14, 2020, 8:22:10 PM3/14/20
to sarl
Thanks for the feedback 👍

tresnaningtiyas purbo

Mar 15, 2020, 7:17:06 AM3/15/20
to sarl
Is there any publication that explain ASPECS in detail along with a case study?
I've read the case study about AMP Simulator in ASPECS web site, but I thought the diagram hasn't been explained in detail

Stéphane Galland

Mar 15, 2020, 7:34:41 AM3/15/20
to sarl
The reference paper is downloadable at: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.383.2675&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Is it enough for you?

tresnaningtiyas purbo

Mar 15, 2020, 11:47:21 AM3/15/20
to sarl
Thanks for the fast answer

I have read the paper and (I am sorry) I still don't understand some part of the diagram
In the POD there is <<concept>> Vehicle and then more feature added in SOD such as Height, Weight, and Speed
But why the relationship between Vehicle and Height, Weight, Speed is association?
Why not using aggregation or composition?

Thank you so much for your help

galland.stephane

Mar 15, 2020, 2:49:00 PM3/15/20
to tresnaningtiyas purbo, sarl
The model that you have mentionning is a représentation of the ontology of the système. In ASPECS the diagramme is vases on class diagramme with stereotyping related to ontology. Therefore the concept stereotype corresponds to a concept into an ontology.

From a semantical point of view, weight is not a part of a vehicle. So it cannot be associated by a composition. Association is enough to represent the relationship in the example.

Prof. Dr. Stéphane GALLAND
Full Professor of Computer Science and Multiagent Systems
Co-Founder and Deputy Director of CIAD

Laboratoire Connaissance et Intelligence Artificielle Distribuées
CIAD UMR 7533

Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard
13 rue Ernest Thierry-Mieg
90010 Belfort cedex, FRANCE

CIAD Site: www.ciad-lab.fr
Web: www.multiagent.fr/People:Galland_Stéphane