Maven asking for guava dependency in Version 0.8.1

Sebastian Sardina

Sep 28, 2018, 7:55:45 PM9/28/18
to sarl
When I compile my existing SARL project in 0.8.1 with Maven I get:

[ERROR] Unexpected version for the artifact com.google.guava:guava.
Minimal expected version: 20.0
Current version: 19.0
You must select the appropriate version in the dependency hierarchy, by updating the project configuration with:
<dependencyManagement>

<dependencies>

<dependency>

<groupId>com.google.guava</groupId>
 <artifactId>guava</
artifactId>

<version>20.0</version>
 </
dependency>

</dependencies>
</
dependencyManagement>

The system compiled well with 0.7.2. Now I know that guava itself is used by SARL, but I do not use it explicitly and I never had it in my pom. If I add the above it works. But why is this happening now if I never specified a version of it? Is there something wrong in the hierarchy of dependencies with SARL?

Sebastian

Stéphane Galland

Sep 29, 2018, 4:11:18 AM9/29/18
to Sebastian Sardina, sarl
Dear Sebastian.

Version 0.8.1 is bugged. Please downgrade to 0.8.0 until I release the version 0.8.2.

All the best.
Stéphane.

http://le2i.cnrs.fr/

Laboratoire Informatique Électronique, Informatique et Image
LE2I EA 7508

http://www.utbm.fr

Prof. Dr. Stéphane GALLAND
Full Professor of Computer Science and Multiagent Systems

http://www.ubfc.fr

Head of the LE2I's Axis on "Smart Environments"
French Head of ARFITEC ARF-17-10 "Energy, Transport, Industry, Challenges for tomorrow"
Senior member of the Multiagent Group
Member of AFIA

http://www.multiagent.fr Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard
13, rue Ernest Thierry-Mieg
90010 Belfort Cedex, FRANCE
Web: http://www.multiagent.fr/People:Galland_stephane
Phone: +33 384 583 418 (work office)
Mobile: +33 662 274 442 (private)

Sebastian Sardina

Sep 29, 2018, 5:06:54 AM9/29/18
to Stéphane Galland, sarl
Ok, will do.

Sebastian Sardina

Oct 2, 2018, 6:42:23 PM10/2/18
to sarl
I am testing 0.8.2 and maven still complains about that.

I added the dependency, but why should I ? Shouldn't this be obtained automatically?
Ok, will do.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sarl.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sarl/e5dbd03b-25b5-480f-bcec-a22a2e506d97%40googlegroups.com.

Sebastian Sardina

Oct 3, 2018, 7:45:40 AM10/3/18
to sarl
Indeed, it is solved now in 0.8.3, thanks!