How to configure the network inteface in SARL?

Diego Lizondo

Mar 13, 2020, 10:31:12 AM3/13/20
to sarl
Hello to everybody,

I'm working with a distributed MAS in SARL. But I have a config problem with the network interfaces that the Janus Kernel takes when I run two separate instances.

How can I set a network interface at launch time in the command line? Because sometimes I have docker containers running and I detected that ZeroMQ selects the first interface and normally are docker internal nets. So, the agent can not communicate with each other because they are not in the same network.

I run the MAS in Linux pcs (Ubuntu and Debian-based distros).

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Diego.

Stéphane Galland

Mar 13, 2020, 1:02:12 PM3/13/20
to sarl
Dear Diego.

Indeed there is an issue with the content of the documentation.

Supported command-line options are listed here.

The network configuration is currently supported by the Hazelcast library itself. Janus does not provide a specific CLI interface.
You have to take a look on the Hazelcast document in order to determine what is the best property to define for solving your problem.

I may also indicate to you that a new version of the SRE is planned for the next release. The network support will be better and with specific CLI options.

Diego Lizondo

Mar 15, 2020, 9:05:50 PM3/15/20
to sarl
Dear Stéphane,

Thank you for the quick response. The information provided is really useful. I will be working on this issue, and if I have another question, I will ask for your kind help.

Again, thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Diego.