Sark Plots Connectivity Issue

Trevor Perdue

Nov 22, 2019, 9:55:37 AM11/22/19
to sark110
Hello,

I am struggling with connectivity using Sark Plots via a USB connection to a SARK-110.  I am in computer control mode and can view the USB storage on the device.

Within Sark Plots, I can successfully connect to the device and run/stop it via the computer interface using the TDR tab.  In both the Scalar and Smith Chart tabs, the device beeps when I click Connect.  The status briefly changes to SARK-110 running and then quickly reverts to SARK-110 Disconnected.

I've been unable to turn up anything in my searches regarding this behavior and am stuck.  Any suggestions as to what may be causing my issue or troubleshooting ideas would be most appreciated!

Thank you,
Trevor

melchor...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2019, 2:04:12 PM11/22/19
to sar...@googlegroups.com

Hello Trevor,

Could you please describe your computer environment? Version of Windows OS, computer model and antivirus used?

It looks like there is a timing issue causing the connection to drop. If confirmed, I can prepare a modified software with some tweaks to see if this solve the issue.

It will be good if you send me your email address, to better support you.

Best regards,

Melchor

Trevor Perdue

Nov 25, 2019, 9:38:07 AM11/25/19
to sark110
Melchor,

Thank you so much for the quick response.  My environment is as follows:

Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803
Dell Latitude 5580
Symantec Endpoint Protection Antivirus

To note, I did attempt disabling antivirus and experienced the same results.  My email address is tperdue at cpicardgroup dot com.

Your help is greatly appreciated.  Please let me know if there is any additional information I could provide to aid in troubleshooting..

Best regards,
Trevor

melchor...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2019, 1:44:04 PM11/25/19
to sar...@googlegroups.com

Hello Trevor,

Coincidentally, I have access to a similar computer, a Latitude 5590, and I have been able to reproduce the issue. However, the problem had not nothing to see with that computer environment, but with a bug that happened with SARK Plots version v1.0.0.50 combined to that the settings file SARK_Settings.xml was not present (e.g. first time run). This version introduced the support for the SARK-110-ULM and the problem was that by default the sweep range was set for this new device (up to 700MHz) and when connecting to a SARK-110, the out-of-frequency range error condition was not handled correctly. As a workaround, the frequency range can be set within the SARK-110 frequency range and then press the button connect.

The corrected version v1.0.0.51 is available at: http://www.sark110.com/files/sark-plots

Best regards,

Melchor EA4FRB

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sark110/124b866e-cc2d-42dd-8e97-30adee61a214%40googlegroups.com.