Firmware upgrade failure.-Hi Melchor, Really enjoying using SARK 110 which I have had for several years now. Always finding a new use for it. Attempting to upgrade to latest firmware SARK110-APP-0.10.23.dfu. Sent the unzipped file ok to SARKS USB

Dave Horne

Sep 5, 2021, 5:15:08 AM9/5/21
to sark110
flash drive unit. SARK 110 is in Computor control mode. Can see it there on PC as USB disc drive in Win 10 file explorer.. Safe eject and followed procedure to install firmware file. Power off then on again holding down Run/Hold button. Screen says: "No firmware update files found" : Reboot. Thus new firmware version not shown on "About" screen. Am I missing something here? Thanks and regards Dave  ZL1AKW.

melchor...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2021, 2:49:34 PM9/6/21
to sar...@googlegroups.com

Hello Dave,

First try to repair the USB disk drive with the Windows "Scan and Repair the Drive" tool. Then copy the dfu file again and follow the upgrade procedure.

Hope this fixes the problem; otherwise please let me know.

Best regards,

Melchor EA4FRB

Dave Horne

Sep 6, 2021, 9:52:55 PM9/6/21
to sark110
Hello Melchor,

Thanks for your prompt reply and advice.
No success with the Windows 'Scan and Repair the Drive" tool.
I did suceed in upgrading the firmware finally.
Method was to delete the dfu file in the SARK USB disk. Download a fresh zipped file from the website, unzip and copy the dfu file to SARK-110 and follow the upgrade procedure.
New version now shows in "about" screen.
Looking forward to checking out the new features.

Best regards

Dave  ZL1AKW