Need Help With Software Update/Connectivity

goo...@sgsterling.com

May 29, 2020, 4:49:52 PM5/29/20
to sark110
Greetings-- have had the SARK110 for several years, thus the firmware and SarkPlots applications were out of date. I installed the new firmware via the USB port without difficulty and loaded the latest version of SarkPlots to my Windows 10 computer. The problem I am now having is SarkPlots does NOT see the connected SARK110.  The USB connection appears good-- it lists as operational in Device Manager, and I can access the file space and files on the SARK110 via Windows file explorer. However, SarkPlots says the Sark110 is disconnected.

How do I get SarkPlots to connect to the SARK110?

73 Steve WA7DUH

melchor...@gmail.com

May 30, 2020, 1:25:25 AM5/30/20
to sar...@googlegroups.com

Hello Steve,

When you try to connect to the SARK110 from Sark Plots, is the analyzer set to Computer Control mode? If the analyzer is set in any other mode, the USB connection will look good and you can access the files on the SARK110, but it will not work from Sark Plots.

If this is not the problem, it could be the antivirus software that it is interfering with Sark Plots. You can try to add Sark Plots to the exception list of the antivirus software.

In some computers, Sark Plots does not connect to the device and reports the error "sark110.dll missing". In this case it is necessary to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Kind regards,

Melchor EA4FRB

goo...@sgsterling.com

Jun 1, 2020, 5:08:37 PM6/1/20
to sark110
Thank you Melchor for the help. It is working now and I like the new plot software. Your product is very good- I use it frequently but haven’t hooked to computer for a few years and forgot how hi hi.

Thank you for your support
73 Steve WA7DUH