SARK PLOTS wont install on w10 (64bit) PC

william gravett

Mar 21, 2020, 4:43:31 PM3/21/20
to sark110

When I try to install the latest version  on my PC, administrator won't let me because it says app presents a potential security risk.

Please help.
73
Bill, W5PGZ

melchor...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2020, 3:43:43 AM3/22/20
to sar...@googlegroups.com

Hello Bill,

This could be due to the Windows Defender SmartScreen if it is set to ‘Block’ ‘Check apps and files’. In this case and if you have access to this setting, set it to ‘Warn’ or ‘Off’ temporarily to let install SARK Plots.

Resultado de imagen de smartscreen dialog windows 10

If the above does not solve the issue, another solution is described in the following link:

https://www.gonnalearn.com/your-administrator-has-blocked-this-application-because-it-potentially-poses-a-security-risk-to-your-computer/

Another alternative, and simpler, will be to bypass the installer and run directly the application executable. Please download the ZIP file in the link below, decompress the files and launch SARK_Plots.exe:

http://www.sark110.com/files/sark-plots/SARK110_Plots_1_0_0_52_WO-Installer.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Best regards,

Melchor EA4FRB

image002.jpg