Example to change port?

Beowulf

Jul 23, 2016, 2:10:34 AM7/23/16
to sardine
Hello all,

I am trying to find a way to change the port that we connect to. We use 8443, and this library doesnt seem to have a simple way to do this. The User Guide simply states that you must override a method or the http client class, but gives no idea how to do this. I would have hoped years later that there would be some sort of example, but like others, I have yet to be able to find any clue how to do this. The closest I got was an older version of HttpClient, and even that didnt work for this library.

I am baffled why it is such a difficult thing to add to the project. It is quite common that during development sites use 8080, 8443, etc for ports to avoid the default ports being used.

So if anyone has any idea how to do this, it would help many many developers who over the years have yet to be able to solve this.

Thanks.

Jon Stevens

Jul 23, 2016, 2:37:19 AM7/23/16
to sardi...@googlegroups.com
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34815886/how-to-define-a-custom-port-for-the-webdav-server-using-sardine

This person just put it in the URI argument. Have you tried that?

best,

jon

Beowulf

Jul 23, 2016, 3:03:40 AM7/23/16
to sardine
Hi, yes I did try that, but I also found out while adding my solution to the same link you posted, that I was missing a webdav/ text in my path, so not sure if my solution is responsible now for it working, or if the missing path text was why it wasnt working.