Saraswati and GWT

asif...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2013, 1:13:22 PM9/2/13
to sarasvati...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am looking to develop a web application with Sarasvati as the workflow/statemachine - and GWT as the front end

Some conceptual roadblock that I am facing is

1>. Sarasvati has to obviously run in the server side - with client side GWT triggering the workflow and getting the nodes for action
But this would involve multiple server round trips using GWT-RPC, requestbuilder - does this incur considerable delays in the front-end?
Has anybody a similar use-case?

Or is the latency negligible?

thanks and regards,

Paul Lorenz

Sep 4, 2013, 3:17:55 PM9/4/13
to sarasvati...@googlegroups.com
The latency incurred in processing a workflow step depends on your persistence model and your node logic. If you are running in memory and your node doesn't do much heavy lifting, then the latency should be really tiny. Using the hibernate backend will add some latency, though it should not be huge, unless you have a slow or overloaded DB or massive graphs. The latency in your custom nodes is up to you.