Antlr3 Ant task problem - solved but hard

tom

Jul 13, 2009, 2:01:32 PM7/13/09
to sarasvati-wf-users
Hi All,

I had a hard time running the fetchlibs ant task on Ubuntu 8.10.
Ant was complaining because the org.apache.tools.ant.antlr.ANTLR3
class was not found.

To solve :
- sudo apt-get install antlr3 ant
- extract the antlr3.jar from http://www.antlr.org/share/1169924912745/antlr3-task.zip
(this link was found on : http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Integration+with+Development+Environments
)
- copy this jar to /usr/share/ant/lib

If there is a simpler way of doing it, share it.

By the way, I don't know if Maven would have simplify the whole
process. I lost nearly 0.5/1h.

Regards,

Tom

Paul Lorenz

Jul 13, 2009, 2:37:32 PM7/13/09
to sarasvati...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,
I'm sorry that you hit that stumbling block. I've changed the ant
build process so it finds the task in the Sarasvati libs directory,
and will include the antlr3-ant.jar with future downloads. The
fetchlibs target should then work out of the box.

Longer term I plan on either distributing Sarasvati with all the jars
and/or looking into Apache Ivy (Maven requires changing the project
layout, which I'm not too keen on).

Issue entered for this defect:
http://code.google.com/p/sarasvati/issues/detail?id=54

cheers,
Paul

Tom

Jul 13, 2009, 4:17:58 PM7/13/09
to sarasvati-wf-users
Hi,

Thanks Paul.
I managed to get it working fully.
The Eclipse setup was also tricky (missing rubric.jar).

Time to do some real testing, now ;-)

Regards,
Tom

Paul Lorenz

Jul 13, 2009, 5:52:54 PM7/13/09
to sarasvati...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,
If you're actually going to be playing with the source, I'd
encourage you to check the latest out of SVN. There are have a _lot_
of changes for the RC3 release including a couple of process
definition file format changes and several database and API changes.
Trunk is quite stable now, and is only pending documentation updates
before rc3 is released.

cheers,
Paul