Parallel execution

asif...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2013, 1:09:59 PM9/2/13
to sarasvati...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Firstly - came to Sarasvati after looking through almost all the workflow tools - including the venerable jBPM / Activiti.

I have a simple workflow as detailed above.

Now , the node 4, 5,6 and 7 are parallel nodes - in the sense, that their execution should happen after node 1 is complete - they are separated logically based on grouping of data.
Once any node is complete, how can i make sarasvati return me the next best node ? For example
1>. State :- Node 4 execution is complete, & Node 6 execution is complete,
2>. GetNextNode should return me 5, 7, 8 and 10 - but getnextbestnode should return me 5 .

How can i design a workflow like this in Sarasvati?

Is there a different way of making this work?

Thanks and Regards

Paul Lorenz

Sep 23, 2013, 11:03:58 AM9/23/13
to sarasvati...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the late response, newborn in the house.

In the Sarasvati execution model, Node_1 should only complete once. When it completes it may generate tokens on any of the outgoing arcs. So one or more of nodes 4 through 7 could execute in parallel. However, once Node_1 is completed it should not be generating any more tokens.

You can make it do that of course, but since you'll be breaking the underlying model assumptions, the system may not work as you expect. The model is that tokens form their own graph as they flow through the system. So if Node_1 executes multiple times independently, you'll have disconnected graphs. You can, of course run the same workflow multiple times in distinct executions, but that doesn't sound like what you are talking about.

If you want to find out which nodes have tokens on them, you can do that. GraphProcess#getActiveNodeTokens will give you the list and you can then filter them to the ones you are interested in.

khalil...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2015, 4:44:51 AM11/19/15
to sarasvati-wf-users
Hi All,

My process is executing parallel nodes sequentially, referring to the graph in this post, nodes 4-7 are executed sequentially.
Where i should configure that the process should execute nodes in parallel?

Thanks in advanced.