Ir al primer mensaje no leído

maced...@gmail.com

no leída,
7 jun 2013, 4:08:28 a.m.7/6/2013
para sarasvati...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

I'm using Sarasvati from some days by now, I think that would be useful a functionality that, if I'm not wrong, is not present in the current release.
If I'm wrong please correct me.

Suppose you have a graph whose execution process may fail in some node.
In some cases can be useful to reexecute the same process again starting from the node that failed(invoking engine.cancelProcess(token.getProcess()); ).

I'll try to extend the HibEngine class for introduce such a functionality, for my own purposes.
Maybe a more general approach would be a good enhancement for a future release.

Let me know.
Thank you,
   Pasquale.

Paul Lorenz

no leída,
10 jun 2013, 9:06:29 a.m.10/6/2013
para sarasvati...@googlegroups.com
Ideally if a node execution fails, you should be able to try to fix whatever condition caused the error and then just re-invoke the node token complete.

If you've got another scheme in mind, happy to look at design and/or patches.

Cheers,
Paul

maced...@gmail.com

no leída,
17 jun 2013, 4:20:51 a.m.17/6/2013
para sarasvati...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

I was thinking at a node implementation whose purpose is integrating with a third party component.
In such situation, if this integration fails, I think could be useful to reexecute the process starting from that node.
For identify a failed node I was thinking for searching records in the wf_node_token table whose complete_date is null.

Thank you,
   Pasquale.

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 4:08 AM, <maced...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Paul,

I'm using Sarasvati from some days by now, I think that would be useful a functionality that, if I'm not wrong, is not present in the current release.
If I'm wrong please correct me.

Suppose you have a graph whose execution process may fail in some node.
In some cases can be useful to reexecute the same process again starting from the node that failed(invoking engine.cancelProcess(token.getProcess()); ).

I'll try to extend the HibEngine class for introduce such a functionality, for my own purposes.
Maybe a more general approach would be a good enhancement for a future release.

Let me know.
Thank you,
   Pasquale.

Paul Lorenz

no leída,
17 jun 2013, 11:11:59 p.m.17/6/2013
para sarasvati...@googlegroups.com
What I've done in the past is explicitly tracking failed operations.

So in your node execute method, you so something like

try
  // call external service
  engine.complete(token, Arc.DEFAULT_ARC); // won't get called if exception is thrown
}
catch(Exception e) // or whatever exception is appropriate
{
  notifyOfFailure(token);
}

The notifyOfFailure tracks the token and send a notification to the user, who can then see what happened and retry if appropriate.

Cheers,
Paul

khalil...@gmail.com

no leída,
19 nov 2015, 7:45:56 a.m.19/11/2015
para sarasvati-wf-users
Hi Paul,

How the user will do the retry from the failing node in a new process execution?

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos