Shalom Aleichem! We wish everyone a pleasant Shabbos!
· Shabbos services are suspended until further notice. Please attend the synagogue of your choice. Good Shabbos!
Friday: Candle lighting: 5:59 PM, Shabbos begins: 6:17 PM.
Saturday: Zeman Shema: before 9:29 AM; Zeman Tefilah: before 10:27 AM.
Chatzos 12:25 PM, Mincha Gedolah, 12:55 PM. Mincha Ketana, 3:51 PM, Plag Hamincha, 5:04 PM. Sunset is 6:18 PM.
Shabbos ends: Shul tradition, 60 min.: 7:18 PM. 42 min.: 7:01 PM. 72 min.: 7:31 PM.
This is Shabbos Zachor, we do not say Av Harachamim during davening. According to some opinions it’s a biblical requirement to hear the reading of “remember what Amalek did” in Shul.
NO GUARANTEES, but if you’re available for a minyan for reading the Megilla Wednesday night, please let Bob or me know.
G‑d calls to Moses from the Tent of Meeting, and communicates to him the laws of the korbanot, the animal and meal offerings brought in the Sanctuary. These include:
• The “ascending offering” (olah) that is wholly raised to G‑d by the fire atop the altar;
• Five varieties of “meal offering” (minchah) prepared with fine flour, olive oil and frankincense;
• The “peace offering” (shelamim), whose meat was eaten by the one bringing the offering, after parts are burned on the altar and parts are given to the kohanim (priests);
• The different types of “sin offering” (chatat) brought to atone for transgressions committed erroneously by the high priest, the entire community, the king or the ordinary Jew;
• The “guilt offering” (asham) brought by one who has misappropriated property of the Sanctuary, who is in doubt as to whether he transgressed a divine prohibition, or who has committed a “betrayal against G‑d” by swearing falsely to defraud a fellow man.
©Copyright, all rights reserved. If you enjoyed this article, we encourage you to distribute it further, provided that you comply with Chabad.org's copyright policy.
David Kunkel, Media Coordinator / Webmaster / Gabbai, for
Shmuel Rashkin, President • Bob Alt, Vice President
The Saranac Synagogue
Congregation Achei Tmimim • 85 Saranac Ave • Buffalo, NY 14216
Donate to the Shul (NOT ON SHABBOS OR HOLIDAYS PLEASE!) • http://tinyurl.com/donate2saranac