Saranac Synagogue News: Shabbos Acharei Mos (April 29-30, 2022 / 28-29 Nissan, 5782)

david.and...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2022, 3:25:49 PM4/29/22
to sar...@googlegroups.com, North Buffalo Jews, Dorian Kunkel

Saranac Synagogue News: Shabbos Acharei Mos (April 29-30, 2022 / 28-29 Nissan, 5782)

Shalom Aleichem! We wish everyone a pleasant Rosh Chodesh Iyar!

·        THE SHUL IS OPEN. WE ARE GOING FOR A MINYAN THIS SHABBOS.

·         The Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) urges people “regardless of vaccination status”, to “wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public (including … indoor community settings).”

Friday: Candle lighting: 7:56 PM, Shabbos begins: 8:14 PM. Count 14 of the Omer.

Davening starts at 9:30, Shacharis starts at 10 AM.

Saturday: Zeman Shema: before 9:41 AM;   Zeman Tefilah: before 10:52 AM.
Special haftorah for Shabbos preceding Rosh Chodesh.

Chatzos 1:13 PM, Mincha Gedolah, 1:49 PM. Mincha Ketana, 5:20 PM, Plag Hamincha, 6:48 PM. Sunset is 8:15 PM.

Shabbos ends: Shul tradition, 60 min.: 9:16 PM.   42 min.: 8:58 PM.  72 min.: 9:28 PM. Count 15 of the Omer.

Announcements:

·         I hope everyone had a great Passover! Let’s swap stories!

·         Shabbos mevorchim chodesh Iyar. We skip "אב הרחמים" and "א-ל מלא." We DO say "צדקתך צדק."

·         “The molad of Iyar will be Sunday, May 1, 5:20 AM and one Chalek.”

“Rosh Chodesh Iyar yihyeh b’yom Rishon v’yom Sheini.”
(observed from Ma’ariv Motzai Shabbos April 30 until Ma’ariv Monday, May 2).

The Parshah in a Nutshell

Acharei Mos

Leviticus 16:1 – 18:30

Following the deaths of Nadav and Avihu, Gd warns against unauthorized entry into the holy. Only one person, the kohen gadol (high priest), may, but once a year, on Yom Kippur, enter the innermost chamber in the Sanctuary to offer the sacred ketoret to Gd.

Another feature of the Day of Atonement service is the casting of lots over two goats, to determine which should be offered to Gd and which should be dispatched to carry off the sins of Israel to the wilderness.

The Parshah of Acharei also warns against bringing korbanot (animal or meal offerings) anywhere but in the Holy Temple, forbids the consumption of blood, and details the laws prohibiting incest and other deviant sexual relations.

©Copyright, all rights reserved. If you enjoyed this article, we encourage you to distribute it further, provided that you comply with Chabad.org's copyright policy.

Regards,

David Kunkel, Media Coordinator / Webmaster / Gabbai, for
Shmuel Rashkin, President   •   Bob Alt, Vice President

The Saranac Synagogue

Congregation Achei Tmimim   •   85 Saranac Ave   •   Buffalo, NY 14216

www.saranacsynagogue.org   •  www.facebook.com/saranacsynagogue

Donate to the Shul (NOT ON SHABBOS OR HOLIDAYS PLEASE!)   •   http://tinyurl.com/donate2saranac

image001.jpg
image002.gif