SHUL CLOSED THIS WEEK - Saranac Synagogue News: Shabbos Korach (July 1-2, 2022 / 2-3 Tammuz, 5782)

3 просмотра

david.and...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
30 июн. 2022 г., 23:21:1830.06.2022
– sar...@googlegroups.com, northbuf...@googlegroups.com

Saranac Synagogue News: Shabbos Korach (July 1-2, 2022 / 2-3 Tammuz, 5782)

·         The Saranac Shul is closed this Shabbos. Please attend the synagogue of your choice. Good Shabbos!

Shalom Aleichem!

Friday: Candle lighting: 8:40 PM, Shabbos begins: 8:58 PM.

Saturday: Zeman Shema: before 9:30 AM;   Zeman Tefilah: before 10:46 AM.

Chatzos 1:20 PM, Mincha Gedolah, 1:58 PM. Mincha Ketana, 5:47 PM, Plag Hamincha, 7:23 PM.

Shalosh Seudos before 8:57 PM. Chapter 4 of Pirkei Avos.

Shabbos ends: Shul tradition, 60 min.: 9:58 PM.   42 min.: 9:40 PM.  72 min.: 10:10 PM.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

As announced above, due to various absences we have no minyan this Shabbos, and our guidance is for you to attend the services of your choice. Thank you for your understanding. We’ll be back next week iy”H!

The Parshah in a Nutshell

Korach

Numbers 16:1–18:32

Korach incites a mutiny challenging Moses’ leadership and the granting of the kehunah (priesthood) to Aaron. He is accompanied by Moses’ inveterate foes, Dathan and Abiram. Joining them are 250 distinguished members of the community, who offer the sacrosanct ketoret (incense) to prove their worthiness for the priesthood. The earth opens up and swallows the mutineers, and a fire consumes the ketoret-offerers.

A subsequent plague is stopped by Aaron’s offering of ketoret. Aaron’s staff miraculously blossoms and brings forth almonds, to prove that his designation as high priest is divinely ordained.

Gd commands that a terumah (uplifting) from each crop of grain, wine and oil, as well as all firstborn sheep and cattle, and other specified gifts, be given to the kohanim (priests)

Parshah in a Nutshell is copyrighted by its author, publisher and/or Chabad.org, and is produced by Chabad.org. If you enjoyed this article, we encourage you to distribute it further, provided that you do not revise any part of it, and you include this note, credit the author, and link to www.chabad.org. If you wish to republish this article in a periodical, book, or website, please email permi...@chabad.org .

Regards,

David Kunkel, Media Coordinator / Webmaster / Gabbai, for
Shmuel Rashkin, President   •   Bob Alt, Vice President

The Saranac Synagogue

Congregation Achei Tmimim   •   85 Saranac Ave   •   Buffalo, NY 14216

www.saranacsynagogue.org   •  www.facebook.com/saranacsynagogue

Donate to the Shul (NOT ON SHABBOS OR HOLIDAYS PLEASE!)   •   http://tinyurl.com/donate2saranac

image001.jpg
image002.gif