Saranac Synagogue News: Shemini Chag Ha'Atzeres and Simchas Torah (September 27-29, 2021 / 21-23 Tishrei, 5782

david.and...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2021, 6:00:51 PM9/27/21
to sar...@googlegroups.com, North Buffalo Jews

Saranac Synagogue News: Shemini Chag Ha’Atzeres and Simchas Torah (September 27-29, 2021 / 21-23 Tishrei, 57
82)

Shalom Aleichem!

PLEASE NOTE: We expect a minyan for daytime services, if everyone comes on time!
Davening starts at 9:30 SHARP.

COVID-19 RULES: Pikuach nefesh is more important than anything else!

Masks are OPTIONAL if at least partially vaccinated/have antibodies from exposure/recovery within past six months.

Masks are REQUIRED if you are not vaccinated and have never had COVID-19, and if risk factors present (over 65, immunocompromised).

Reminder: Shul dues: $110/person, $220/family. Additional contributions welcome.
Donation link below. Thank you to all who have paid their dues. Please remember your Shul!

Monday Evening: Erev Yom Tov

Candle lighting: 6:45 PM, Shabbos/Yom Tov begins: 7:03 PM. Brachos: Shel Yom Tov, Shehecheyanu.

·         We do not expect a minyan for evening services. Congregants may daven at Saranac or join the davening at Starin or with our friends elsewhere.

We eat in the sukkah but don’ say the “lesheiv basukkah” blessing.

Tuesday Morning: Shemini Atzeres:

WE EXPECT A MINYAN IF EVERYONE COMES. PLEASE BE ON TIME!

Davening begins at 9:30 AM. Shema before 10:07 AM, Zeman Tefilah: 11:06 AM.

Yizkor: 11: 15 AM.

·         AT IN THE MUSAF AMIDAH, WE START SAYING “MASHIV HARUACH.”

        (Because nusach Sefard says “morid hatal,” repetition of the Amidah is not required in case of substitution.)

Kiddusha Rabbah: We eat in the sukkah, saying “Shehecheyanu” but we don’ say the “lesheiv basukkah” blessing.

Chatzos 1:06 PM. Mincha Gedola 1:36 PM, Mincha Ketana, 4:35 PM, Plag Hamincha 5:48 PM.

After Mincha, before sunset: Farewell to the Sukkah seudah.

Tuesday Night: Yom Tov ends/Simchas Torah begins: Shul tradition, 60 min.: 8:02 PM.   42 min.: 7:43 PM.  72 min.: 8:13 PM

Candle lighting: After nightfall. Shel Yom Tov, Shehecheyanu.

·         Light candles from an existing source that was lit before Shabbos. If an existing flame is unavailable, it is preferable that you SKIP candle lighting rather than violate the Yom Tov fire restrictions).

·         We do not expect a minyan for evening services. Congregants may daven Ma’ariv at Saranac or join the davening/hakafos celebrations at Starin or with our friends elsewhere.

Wednesday, Simchas Torah:

WE EXPECT A MINYAN IF EVERYONE COMES. PLEASE BE ON TIME!

Davening begins at 9:30 AM. Shema before 10:08 AM, Zeman Tefilah: 11:07 AM.

Hakafos, under Shul guidelines. See above

Mincha: TBD: either immediately after Musaf or at 6:15 PM [~45 min before Shkiah]

Holiday ends: Shul tradition, 60 min.: 7:00 PM.   42 min.: 7:42 PM.  72 min.: 8:12 PM

Regards,

David Kunkel, Media Coordinator / Webmaster / Gabbai, for
Shmuel Rashkin, President   •   Bob Alt, Vice President

The Saranac Synagogue

Congregation Achei Tmimim   •   85 Saranac Ave   •   Buffalo, NY 14216

www.saranacsynagogue.org   •  www.facebook.com/saranacsynagogue

Donate to the Shul (NOT ON SHABBOS OR HOLIDAYS PLEASE!)   •   https://tinyurl.com/donate-to-saranac

image001.gif
image002.jpg